Translate

Sunday 15 December 2019

The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 of 5


The First Letter of St. Peter

 Chapter  5




¹ Now as an elder myself and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as one who shares in the glory to be revealed, I exhort the elders among you ² to tend the flock of God that is in your charge, exercising the oversight, not under compulsion but willingly, as God would have you do it-not for sordid gain but eagerly.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verses 1 to 2)


As a sinner to sinners, I encourage you to place your trust in Jesus, who will never forsake or abandon you. Trust Him with all your heart and all your soul. Take care of the welfare of yourselves and of those under your care, but family, friends and even colleagues. As Christians we are responsible for the spiritual welfare of many souls, I pray that we never hold back a word of spiritual growth or insight to anybody. Amen.


³ Do not lord it over those in your charge, but be examples to the flock.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verse 3)


Oh God, my Father, the wish for us to remain humble to You and to others is found in many verses of Your Word. This proves how important humility is. I pray that You bless me with this gift my God and Father Amen. I pray for protection against my human nature that in itself is very proud and touchy Amen.


⁴ And when the chief shepherd appears, you will win the crown of glory that never fades away.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verse 4)


Oh God, my Father even though You do not appear to me every day, I will still follow You, for it is only in You that I find my fulfilment Amen.


⁵ In the same way, you who are younger must accept the authority of the elders. And all of you must clothe yourselves with humility in your dealings with one another, for "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble,".


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verse 5)



Oh God, my Father bless us with humility so that we can be better tools in Your hands. I pray that we are always ready to accomplish what You ask of us with joy and humility and not let our sinful self take control Amen.


⁶ Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verse 6)


Oh, brothers and sisters, God raises the humble and humbles the proud. There is a time for everything. Maybe during the present time, we may feel as if we are the underdog, however, when the times comes according to the will of God He will exalt us. Amen.


⁷ Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verse 7)


Oh brothers and sisters in the Lord God and Father Jesus Christ, if there is anybody who cares for us in this world, it is Jesus Christ. He is loving caring and understanding, therefore, feel free to kindle a relationship with Him. He is only a prayer away Amen.


⁸ Discipline yourselves, keep alert. Like a roaring lion your adversary, the devil prowls around, looking for someone to devour. ⁹ Resist him, steadfast in your faith, for you know that your brothers and sisters in all the world are undergoing the same kinds of suffering.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verses 8 to 9)


Oh, brothers and sisters let us remain firm and constant in our prayer life and on guard on ourselves so that we overcome the lures and desires of the flesh so that we can freely let the Holy Presence of Your Holy Spirit take control of us. Please protect us from the attacks of the evil one, for this negative spirit does not want us to grow in Your relationship with us Amen.


¹⁰ And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, support, strengthen, and establish you. ¹¹ To him be the power forever and ever. Amen.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verses 10 to 11)


Oh God my Father in faith and by faith I truly believe that the period of trials that we endure is limited and under Your control, as is everything Amen.


¹² Through Silvanus, whom I consider a faithful brother, I have written this short letter to encourage you and to testify that this is the true grace of God, Stand fast in it.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verse 12)


With the support and encouragement that You have been giving me throughout the years even though I had to pay a cruel price for starting this blog. You have been always with me and stood up by my side even when I was forced to delete three chapters of the book of Genesis and change my style of presentation Amen. I considered all as having come from You my God and Father Amen.


¹³ Your sister church in Babylon, chosen together with you, send you greetings; and so does my son Mark. ¹⁴ Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 5 verse 12)


Oh God my Father I believe that the Roman Catholic Church and the other churches are still one big family with You as its Father, even if there are differences Amen


I would like to end this meditation on the fifth and final chapter of the First Letter of St. Peter with the following prayer:-


Oh God my Father I pray for unity among all Churches and faiths. Even though there are differences we all believe in a loving God and Father who paid the price for our redemption Amen. Let us be united as brothers and sisters Amen.


In order to continue meditating on the Bible I invite you to click on the following link which takes you the Second Letter of St. Peter:-

















No comments:

Post a Comment