Translate

Monday 23 July 2018

The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 of 5




The First Letter of St. Peter

 Chapter  4





¹ Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same intention (for whoever has suffered in the flesh has finished with sin), ² so as to live for the rest of your earthly life no longer by human desires but by the will of God.



(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verses 1 to 2)




 Oh God my beloved Father I pray that You make me God centred and not humanly centred in the sense that I love humans and show care and respect, however, help me to set my aims, goals and desires on a spiritual aim and desire and not on the material Amen.




³ You have already spent enough time in doing what the Gentiles like to do, living in licentiousness, passions, drunkenness, revels, carousing, and lawless idolatry.



(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 3) 




Oh God my beloved Father, I thank Your for raising my awareness of the old times and my old life. Now is the time to live my life according to a new lifestyle based on Your will instead of mine Amen. May Your will always be done my God and Father Amen. 



⁴ They are surprised that you no longer join them in the same excesses of dissipation, and so they blaspheme.




(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 4)



Oh God, many others with whom we used to fraternize will become aware of the change in our decision of people to be with. Some who may have been happy with having a large group of followers for the sake of popularity will be bitter towards those who leave, however those others who realize that we have chosen a reality which is more fulfilling than the one at hand will even seek to imitate us in joining a religious  group or fraternity Amen.


⁵ But they will have to give an accounting to him who stands ready to judge the living and the dead.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 5)



Oh God my blessed Father, every day of my life I am aware of the fact, that for anything that I do I need to give an account of to You, regardless if it is good or evil. Amen.



⁶, For this reason, the gospel was proclaimed even to the dead, so that though they had been judged in the flesh as everyone is judged, they might live in the spirit as God does.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 6)




Oh God, my Father, you are so just and kind that you do not anybody the opportunity of being touched by the powerful and healing message of Your Good News. Amen, thank You, Jesus.



⁷ The end of all things is near; therefore be serious and discipline yourselves for the sake of your prayers.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 7)



Oh God my Father, I wish to be that disciplined a person both in prayer and in self-control for at times I lack in both. I pray that You make of me a better person Amen.



⁸ Above all maintain constant love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins. ⁹ Be hospitable to one another without complaining.



(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verses 8 to 9)



Oh God my Father, I need Your constant support for I am weak in this area, there are people with whom I am not on good terms such as my father and sister of which the reasons You know. I had to protect my mother against the situation she was going to end up in. On the other hand, my father is a naked gun who can easily get me into trouble with others, therefore, I had to protect myself for my own peace of mind. On the other hand, I could not remain in the marriage, for I would have ended up either in prison or mentally ill. I thank You for loving and accepting me as I am even though I am lacking as a human and as a Christian Amen.



¹⁰ Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 10)



Oh God, my Father, I thank You for all the skills that You have given me and for all the positive people that You have allowed me to meet. I have learnt new skills and have even been using such skills in order to be of help and support to others. I pray that even though I still have my weaknesses You continue to use me as an instrument in Your hand Amen. Thank You, Jesus.



¹¹ Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. To him belong the glory and the power forever and ever Amen.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 11) 



Oh God, my Father, for the good of all I pray for the gift of wisdom. Please compel me to speak only when and when necessary in a good and responsible way, that is fit of a person who is Your friend to communicate in. I pray that You will be praised and glorified through what I do and say Amen. 


¹² Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that is taking place among you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 12) 


Oh, brothers and sisters, when the Holy Spirit of God starts changing us, we may appear strange and different in the eyes of others and this may cause clashes with others. It would appear as if we come from different worlds. Therefore this is normal. Do not be shocked if others look at you differently this is a positive sign amen. God is in control. 



¹³ But rejoice in so far as you are sharing Christ's sufferings, so that you may also be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 13) 



Oh God my sufferings are Your sufferings and Your sufferings are mine. When I am in the depths of my sufferings I am not alone but I am sharing my sufferings with You Amen.


¹⁴ If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the spirit of glory, which is the Spirit of God is resting on you.




(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 14) 


Oh brothers and sisters if we are reviled and humiliated before the world, we will be revealed and exalted in the eyes of God Amen. Therefore let us pray for endurance in the Holy Spirit Amen.


¹⁵ But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, a criminal, or even as a mischief-maker. ¹⁶ Yet if any of you suffers as a Christian, do not consider it a disgrace, but glorify God because you bear his name.



(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verses 15 to 16)


Oh, brothers and sisters blessed are those who are persecuted for the Name of Jesus. Blessed are those who put their lives at risk in order to give testimony to God's love for us. I prefer to die as a convinced Christian than to die as a hypocrite Amen.



¹⁷ For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; if it begins with us, what will be the end for those who do not obey the gospel of God? ¹⁸ And "If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinners?"


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verses 17 to 18)


Oh God my Father, the time of judgment has begun. Many priests who have been caught in cases of child abuse are abdicating from their positions, other persons in important positions are also resigning. The process of judgment is active, and we are the ones who are judging ourselves, although You stimulate us by our conscience Amen. Thank You, Jesus.




¹⁹ Therefore, let those suffering in accordance with God's will entrust themselves to a faithful Creator, while continuing to do good.


(The First Letter of St. Peter Chapter 4 verse 19)



Oh God, my faithful Father, I pray that we all learn to place our trust in You, for You are our only saviour. Life has no meaning without You Amen.



Oh God, my Father, I would like to end the fourth chapter of the first letter of St. Peter with the following prayer:-


Oh God my blessed Father, brothers and sisters, I pray that we all learn to place our hope and trust in God our Father. May we be always aware that our life on earth is not forever and that all of what is of the world will one day come to an end. Therefore let us all turn to God and have fellowship with Him who loves us as we are without no condition or bias of race, religion or culture Amen. Thank You Jesus






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment